Interested in Learning How to Skate?
Would you be interested in attending a free training session by a skating instructor for you and your family at our ice rink, one Saturday in December? Please confirm by phoning Irene @ 780-489-2994.
Engage Edmonton 2017 Events
The City of Edmonton is excited to invite you to Engage Edmonton 2017. This festival of engagement events will be visiting different areas of the City throughout November and December. This is a coordinated engagement event where several City project teams will be seeking input on important topics that may impact you.
Have something to say about:
- What our main streets look like?
- The Centre Line LRT?
- How cannabis sale locations will be regulated in the city?
- How our Zoning Bylaw shape how Edmonton will look?
- Interested in turf on sports fields?
Engage Edmonton 2017 is a great way to share your voice and shape your city - all within one event. Check out the attached posters with information on dates and locations.
Alongside opportunities to engage with the City on a variety of projects, there will also be a activities for a range of ages. Glitter Tattoos and games for kids, coffee conversations and table games and Les Bucherons with some French Canadian sugar shack culture for everyone.* We are also serving up free food with the Fat Franks truck, and coffee and hot chocolate to warm everyone up.
Click here to view the poster.
For any information or for assistance getting to an Engage Edmonton event, contact (780) 442 - 4382 or visit the website at edmonton.ca/publicengagement.
Let us know your are coming at: engage-edmonton.eventbrite.ca
The nearest event to our community is:
Date: Thursday November 30, 2017
Location: Crestwood Community League 14325 96 Avenue NW
Zoning Bylaw Projects
Share your thoughts on the rules that build your City!
- Suites in Semi-Detached homes (duplexes)
- High Rise Apartment zoning
- Short Term Rentals
- Rear garage connections
- Pawn Stores
- Cannabis Stores: how and where do they fit? What other concerns do you have?
- Gather opinions on:
- The best locations for cannabis stores
- What aspects of cannabis retail store design should be regulated
- Concerns about how close cannabis retail stores are to schools, parks and recreation centres
- Public consumption issues (smoking)
Building Great Neighbourhoods
- Share your ideas on what makes a community great!
City of Edmonton Anti-Racism Consultation
- What racism means to you, and what the City can do to support community-based anti-racism initiatives.
- Write and draw ideas on story boards and maps and tell the City how we can support anti-racism in your community
Kids On Track Christmas
Kids On Track is hosting a family Christmas Blacklight Puppet and Dance show, open to the public, Friday December 8, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Orange Hub (formerly Grant McEwan University) in John L. Haar Theatre, 15540 Stony Plain Road. See kidsontrack.org/events/christmas-party for more details or call 780-481-2942. [Book tickets on-line after November 20, 2017]
Councillor Knack Community Conversation
Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Jasper Place Library Program Room (9010 156 Street).
Ward 1 residents can hear updates from Councillor Knack on current issues in our ward. We will also have an opportunity to ask questions and bring up concerns in our communities.
Click here to view the poster.
Summer Greenshack Update
The Summer Greenshack season has officially come to a close. With just over 91,000 participants in the NW District this summer it has been a wild and fast summer!