Celebration of Life for Dr. J.E (Ted) Greenaway
For 40 years, Dr. J.E. (Ted) Greenaway practiced dentistry on Stony Plain Road, eventually treating multiple generations of Jasper Place residents. While he gave them stories of airplanes, buses, and his family, he fixed their teeth and learned about the lives of his many patient/friends.
Dr. Greenaway passed away in Edmonton on November 7th, surrounded by his family, at the age of 93.
Please join us for a Celebration of Dr. Greenaway’s Life on Sunday, November 19, 2017
at 2:00pm at Connelly-McKinley Funeral Home (10011 - 114 Street NW), with a reception to follow. See poster for more details
What's Your Wisdom On Affordable Housing? - West Edmonton
The City of Edmonton is considering a guideline/target of 10% affordable housing in neighbourhoods all across our city. What might that look like in your neighbourhood? What questions or concerns do you have? What ideas do you have? What do you think is a healthy response to new neighbours and new units of affordable housing? What’s your wisdom on affordable housing?
Workshop November 18, 2017. Click for more details or visit www.interfaithhousing.ca
Valley Line LRT Public Engagement
Drop-in style public open houses will be held to share refinements to the LRT preliminary design on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. at Belmead Community Hall (9109 182 Street); or Thursday, November 16, 2017 from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. at St. Paul's Anglican Church (10127 145 Street). The results of the recent assessment of LRT crossings at key intersections will also be provided, including what was heard during the previous engagements. You are invited to provide further input before options are presented to City Council. See www.edmonton.ca/valleylinewest.
Community Standards Bylaw
Ensure you know the rules of the city. Bylaw officers will be regularly patrolling our community this summer. In accordance with Bylaw 14600, a Bylaw Enforcement Officer may impose a fine for the following infractions:
- Grass or weeds are higher than 10 cm. (4 inches);
- Graffiti is visible from any surrounding property;
- Elm tree wood not disposed of at authorized location;
- A fire pit creating excessive smoke or odor;
- Any vegetation (trees or shrubs) on your property obstructing any sidewalk adjacent to your land or impairing the visibility required for safe traffic flow at any intersection adjacent to your land;
- Damaged, dismantled or derelict vehicles or motor vehicles on your property, whether insured or registered or not;
- Excessive accumulation of material on your property, e.g. building materials, appliances, household goods, boxes, tires, vehicle parts, garbage or refuse, etc., whether of any apparent value or not;
- Any construction project not completed within 5 years of the date the building permit was issued; or
- Construction activity on private property on any Sunday or holiday before 9:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m.; or during the week Monday through Saturday before 7:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.;
In addition, Bylaw Enforcement Officers may impose a fine for the following:
- Yard contains noxious weeds [Alberta Weed Control Act];
- Any commercial vehicle over 4,500 kg. and/or exceeding 12.5 meters in length, parking in our residential neighbourhood. [Bylaw 5590]
Edible Fruit Trees on Public Land
The City of Edmonton is publishing a map of fruit trees with edible fruit. Check out the ones located in and near our community at here.
You can also check out a CBC news item on the new map by clicking here.