Winter Green Shack Free Drop-In
Until March 29th, children aged 6-12, accompanied by an adult, are welcome to attend a free drop-in for games and crafts in Arthur Elliot Park at West Jasper/Sherwood Community League, 9620-152 Street. Open Tuesday & Wednesday from 3:30-6:00 p.m. Saturday from 1:00-5:00 p.m.
Are you interested in attending family activities at our community hall, such as, movie night, game night, lego challenge, etc.? Email your suggestions to Maria David at email@example.com
Weather permitting, the skating rink will open on Tuesday, December 13th @ 6:00 p.m. (phone: 780-489-2994 to confirm). Paul, our Rink Manager from last year, has agreed to stay on for another year. Free to members, non-members a toonie a skate. If you don’t have a membership, try out the ice, and then sign up.
Single (18+ years): $15;
Senior (55+ years): $5.
Free Use of New Skates and Helmets (when available):
- To be used on West Jasper/Sherwood Ice Rink only;
- For West Jasper Place and Sherwood residents as well as Kids On Track families.
- Must sign out with Rink Manager.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Thursday: closed (one day a week per government regulations for employees).
Saturday: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
** Note: Private rink bookings for hockey teams, etc., please phone Irene @ 780-489-2994.
- Individuals under 18 years must wear a helmet.
- All skaters are encouraged to wear a helmet.
- If temperatures drop to -20 C (including the wind chill), the skating rink may close. The final decision is left to the Rink Manager’s discretion.
- Adults are encouraged to accompany children 12 years and younger.
Due to budget cuts, the city will no longer be offering free sand for the public at community leagues. Sand will be provided free for the public at the roadway maintenance yards. There will be sandboxes in front of their fence at 14320-114 Avenue.
City of Edmonton Flood Maps
The City of Edmonton flood maps reveal a new storm water pipe is proposed on 149th Street from the river to 107th Avenue. Also, all the storm pipes in West Jasper Place and Sherwood show they are at capacity during a heavy rain. With a significant rain, the water may move up the manhole and impact basement flooding. For more information, Google city-wide flood mitigation study.