Community Standards Bylaw
Ensure you know the rules of the city. Bylaw officers will be regularly patrolling our community this summer. In accordance with Bylaw 14600, a Bylaw Enforcement Officer may impose a fine for the following infractions:
- Grass or weeds are higher than 10 cm. (4 inches);
- Graffiti is visible from any surrounding property;
- Elm tree wood not disposed of at authorized location;
- A fire pit creating excessive smoke or odor;
- Any vegetation (trees or shrubs) on your property obstructing any sidewalk adjacent to your land or impairing the visibility required for safe traffic flow at any intersection adjacent to your land;
- Damaged, dismantled or derelict vehicles or motor vehicles on your property, whether insured or registered or not;
- Excessive accumulation of material on your property, e.g. building materials, appliances, household goods, boxes, tires, vehicle parts, garbage or refuse, etc., whether of any apparent value or not;
- Any construction project not completed within 5 years of the date the building permit was issued; or
- Construction activity on private property on any Sunday or holiday before 9:00 a.m. or after 7:00 p.m.; or during the week Monday through Saturday before 7:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.;
In addition, Bylaw Enforcement Officers may impose a fine for the following:
- Yard contains noxious weeds [Alberta Weed Control Act];
- Any commercial vehicle over 4,500 kg. and/or exceeding 12.5 meters in length, parking in our residential neighbourhood. [Bylaw 5590]
Farm and Craft Market
Meet at the YEG Market, 152 Street & SPR Urban Plaza
Farm and Craft market, food trucks and entertainment. Wednesdays 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. until September 13th .
Summer Day Camp: Ultimate Adventure Race
Are you up for the ultimate adventure? You will discover new skills, such as outdoor cooking. Be creative to help your team maneuver around road blocks and explore detours. Finish the week with an exciting field trip in your quest for adventure. For ages 7 to 10. Starts Monday, August 14th to Friday, August 18th, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at 9620-152 Street (community hall). Cost - $151.00. Course Code 596683. To register, phone 311 or online at eReg.edmonton.ca.
Summer Day Camp: Treasure Hunters
Ahoy Shipmates! This program brings to life the tale of explorers from long ago. Unravel the mystery of long forgotten buried treasures, just waiting to be dug up by some lucky treasure hunter. Come aboard our ship to seek adventure on the high seas. For ages 7 to 10. Starts Monday, July 24th to Friday, July 28st , 2017, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., at 9620-152 Street (community hall). Cost - $129.00. Course Code 596678. To register, phone 311 or online at eReg.edmonton.ca.
Free Drop-In Green Shack Program
Games, crafts, sports, outdoor cooking and more. Ages 6 to 12 welcomed; ages 5 and under must be supervised by a guardian. Runs Monday through Friday. Starts Tuesday, July 4th to Thursday, August 24th, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., at Arthur Elliot Park, 9620-152 Street
LRT Valleyline Crossings
Administration is assessing the high volume intersections at 149 Street/Stony Plain Road and 178 Street/87 Avenue to ensure the LRT crossings planned for these intersections are still appropriate.
A public engagement session will be held regarding 149 Street/Stony Plain Road on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. at the West End Christian Reformed Church, 10015-149 Street.
A public engagement session will be held regarding 178 Street/87 Avenue on Thursday, June 29, 2017 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. at the Aldergrove Community Hall, 8535-182 Street.
City of Edmonton Big Bin Events
From 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., on June 24th and 25th at 17740-69 Avenue, and on August 19th and 20th at 9200-163 Street, the City of Edmonton will host a Big Bin Event.
Drop off your unwanted furniture, mattresses, large household appliances, computers, televisions, etc. Items will also be accepted for the Reuse Centre. No hazardous waste such as paint, varnish, household cleaners or batteries will be accepted.